Forestry Equipment Tax ExemptionOrganization:Vermont Department of Taxes | Date:June 1, 2019
Vermont Department of Taxes || June 2019
Tax and this year’s legislation
The Vermont Department of Taxes has published the 2019 Legislative Highlights. There were many changes this year. Changes related to taxation in Vermont include:
- Purchase of controlling interest in real estate
- Capital gains exclusion cap
- Marketplace Facilitators
- Restricted use of 529 (VHEIP) plan withdrawals
- Additional Sales Tax Exemptions for Automotive Parts, Forestry Machinery
Effective May 23, 2019. Vermont’s Sales and Use Tax exemption on certain forestry equipment and machinery has been expanded. Because these accessories are used exclusively with the exempt machinery, a Form S-3W is not required, though some retailers may ask for it.
- Expands the sales and use tax exemption relating to machinery used for forestry-related activities, to include the following list of accessory parts:
- Traction enhancement accessories
- Tire chains
- Track systems
- Winch cables
Our Fact Sheet contains the complete list of exempted equipment.
For questions about Corporate or Business Entity Income Tax, email email@example.com.
For questions about Sales and Use Tax, Meals and Rooms Tax, Local Option Tax, Withholding, or for support with myVTax, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about Income Tax, email tax.IndividualIncome@vermont.gov
To reach the Department of Taxes, call 802-828-2505. Phone lines are answered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 7:45AM-4:30PM. We do not take calls on Wednesdays.