Join the VWA Team as our Forestry Outreach Specialist (20-30 hours/week)
Do you love Vermont’s woods? Are you interested in making a significant impact in its future?
Morning Ag Clips/Farmhouse Communication, LLC is seeking to grow our team at Vermont Woodlands Association to support private woodland owners and managers in the stewardship, use, and enjoyment of Vermont woodlands.
Vermont Woodlands Association (VWA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to educate and advocate for the practices of productive stewardship, use, and enjoyment of Vermont’s woodlands. We achieve our mission by delivering programs for landowners, the public, and policy makers that support forest health, forest economy, wildlife habitat, recreation, and enjoyment of forests for today and for generations to come. Vermont Woodlands is a member centered organization that has been serving Vermont’s woodland owners, managers, and supporters for over 100 years. Morning Ag Clips/Farmhouse Communication, LLC is a communications and association management company that provides contracted services to Vermont Woodlands Association (VWA).
The Forestry Outreach Specialist is a part-time position (starting at 20 hours a week with the potential to grow to 30 hours), focused on providing outreach and education to Vermont’s private forest landowners. The position will work as part of the VWA team to further our mission by providing educational programming and one on one assistance to landowners in support of keeping their forest land intact and healthy.
• Develop and deliver educational programs to support landowners and forestry professionals in comprehensive training in land transfer planning and stewardship.
• Engage landowners through various channels including one on one assistance to assist them in developing a forestland transfer plan. This includes workshops, facilitating small group discussions and providing one-on-one technical assistance.
• Develop targeted communication materials for outreach to landowners and forestry professionals on forestland transfer planning.
• Assist with overall program administration, including grant management and reporting to funders.
• Participate in professional development opportunities with the Vermont Farm and Forest Viability Program at Vermont Housing and Conservation Board.
The Forestry Outreach Specialist should be someone who thrives in a team-based work environment, has a deep passion for Vermont’s forests, enjoys connecting with people and is self-motivated.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in wildlife, forestry, environmental studies, environmental education, natural resources, or a related discipline; 1-2 years of work experience, preferably in outreach and education. Professional experience, especially in legal, counseling or meditation can be substituted for formal education.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Computer and electronic communication proficiency.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which will include evenings, weekends, and willingness to travel, primarily within the state.
• Experience with marketing and social media tools like Facebook, Instagram, and Constant Contact preferred, but not required.
• Must have a personal vehicle and valid driver’s license, mileage reimbursed.
Compensation and Benefits
This position is part-time, 20-30 hours a week. Pay commensurate with experience. We will consider a contract position (1099) for the right candidate.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Kate Forrer, Executive Director, Vermont Woodlands Association at email@example.com. The postion will remain open until filled.