Saturday, August 27
481 Krivak Road in Sharon
Recent Logging Operation.
Are you interested in conducting tree girdling in your woodland? Are you thinking of renovating a pond on your property? Consider attending a Woods Walk hosted by VWA on Saturday, August 27.
John Manchester and consulting forester Markus Bradley will co-lead the Walk. The Walk will take attendees on parts of Manchester’s property that features a recent logging operation of ash trees, examples of girdling of pine trees, and some areas of generational planting. Attendees on the Walk will also view a recently renovated pond on the property and a newly built retention pond.
The walk is expected to be about an hour long. The woods walk will begin at 12 PM and will take place at 481 Krivak Road in Sharon. There is adequate parking at the property, and there will be signs to guide attendees to the right site.
Directions to the “Farm” in Sharon, VT (From MA)
Distance from 89N to “Farm” is approximately 5.8 miles. Drive from Mass to VT will be about 2.25 hours.
1. 93 North to 89N into VT
2. 89N to Exit 2 in Sharon, VT
3. Turn right off exit onto Route 132
4. Go 2.2 miles on Route 132 and turn right onto Beaver Meadow Rd (sign says Norwich also).
5. Go 0.2 miles on Beaver Meadow Rd to Downer Rd (dirt road on left that comes up very quickly)
6. Take Downer Rd for 3 miles to Krivak Rd, which bears right slightly. (During these 3 miles, you will pass a large pond on your right, then another pond on your left. At the corner of Krivak Rd is a run-down barn with an abandoned bus).
7. Take Krivak Rd 0.4 miles to Manchester driveway on left, marked by sign that says “Manchester” and an orange sign marked #481.