DeltaClimeVT Energy 2021 cohort selected; virtual programming kicks off
Seven early-stage energy companies from across the U.S. and Canada will work with climate economy leaders, industry experts, potential partners and investment professionals over the next three months while completing an intensive curriculum, developed by ecosVC, during online workshops, webinars and mentoring sessions.
The Vermont-based business accelerator kicked off the Energy 2021 program (the fifth cohort for the DeltaClimeVT business accelerator) last week during a virtual sprint. For three days, entrepreneurs worked together via Zoom conferencing with facilitators Joseph Steig and Judy Giordan, and VSJF Business Assistance Director Geoff Robertson.
In addition to connecting the accelerator participants to the larger ecosystem of business support and capital in Vermont, Energy 2021 participants will compete for a $25,000 non-equity prize to be awarded to the top company and the chance to work with Vermont utilities to help reduce emissions in the residential and small commercial arenas.
The goal for the Energy 2021 program is to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in residential and small commercial and industrial buildings, and enable increased adoption and better integration of distributed energy resources and smart building technologies.
“By participating in the DeltaClimeVT business accelerator, these climate economy entrepreneurs will improve their product market fit, fine tune their business model, develop a go-to market strategy and fast track their way to securing financial investments so they can grow their business opportunities in Vermont and beyond,” said Robertson.
DeltaClimeVT Energy 2021 Cohort Companies:
- Andluca Technologies – Develops UV-solar-powered smart glass for improving the energy efficiency of buildings. Andluca’s patented technologies can reduce building energy use by up to 40% while significantly enhancing occupant comfort and productivity. andluca.com (New Jersey)
- Arc Industries – Designs and manufactures vertical axis wind turbines with a new cutting-edge turbine design that addresses the many issues that have traditionally plagued small wind turbines. arcindustries.co (Massachusetts)
- Bloomcradle – Engages, connects, and mobilizes the public and leaders through accessible and educational storytelling to drive local community and large-scale action for a sustainable future. bloomcradle.com (Vermont)
- Flick Power – Helps consumers take advantage of time-based electric rates and reduce carbon emissions from dirtier energy sources that are used during peak energy times. flickpower.com (California) ‘
- Grid Fruit – Provides software that reduces energy and maintenance costs for food businesses, using previously untapped data through AI software to bring energy efficiency and power grid incentives to refrigeration and HVAC. gridfruit.com (Pennsylvania)
- Neothermal Energy Storage – Offers homeowners the first integrated, supplemental electric thermal storage (ETS) system for boilers and furnaces that reduces fossil fuel use by up to 90%, lowering GHG emissions and monthly energy bills. neothermal.ca (Nova Scotia)
- YellowTin – A cloud-based, data-driven platform that educates and empowers consumers to make informed decisions, so that they can switch to cost-effective, electricity-based solutions at their own pace. yellowtin.com (California)
Partners and sponsors of DeltaClimeVT Energy 2021 include, Vermont Electric Power Company, Burlington Electric Department, Vermont Public Power Supply Authority, VGS, Green Mountain Power, VSECU, Vermont Electric Coop, Efficiency Vermont, Washington Electric Co-Op and the Flexible Capital Fund.
To learn more about DeltaClimeVT Energy 2021, visit deltaclimevt.com.
About DeltaClimeVT – A Climate Economy Business Accelerator
The DeltaClimeVT business accelerator is a Vermont-based program serving startup and seed-stage ventures focusing on energy and climate economy innovation in the energy sector. The program provides an intense accelerated learning and business development process designed to test assumptions, expose and remediate business vulnerabilities, prepare for significant investment, and provide a platform for rapid scaling. As a proven leader in sustainability, Vermont offers participants access to a large number of entrepreneurial climate economy and energy experts throughout the program. The program is managed by the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund (VSJF). deltaclimevt.com